The German Development Cooperation in Lebanon – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH was interested in conducting a comprehensive market review and analysis of salaries by benchmarking with other similar organizations in the Lebanese market.
The study entailed assessing the following:
- Salary scales of employees which were inclusive of all allowances and benefits provided in the local labor market including the public sector
- A remuneration raster for service providers (appraisers, consulting firms) on short term and non-employment bases.
To reach the objectives of the survey, the following activities were implemented:
- Revision of job descriptions
- Preparing the tools for the data collection
- Collecting information from similar organizations in order to decide on those with the highest compatibility rate
- Conduct survey interviews and match the benchmarked job across the different levels of responsibility found in the client’s salary scale
- Do the matching process between actual service contract salaries /positions and those of the comparators
- Prepare the final report with the recommended salary scale